I finally have a small paraffin system to use at home! I had no expectations for it, and to my surprise it worked out very well. I ended up loving the Conair True Glow thermal paraffin system which only costs about $30. I wouldn't say it's perfect, but good enough for the price and for my purpose.
Pros:1. It's affordable! You can shop online, and get this for as low as $27.00
2. It comes with one pound of aloe vera wax
3. Easy to use.
4. Not a very large unit, so it's fairly portable and easy to store.
5. It works! It does moisturize my hands well :)
Cons:1. Unit might be too small if you have larger hands, might not work that well for men.
2. A bit too shallow, wish it was a bit deeper so that the wax can cover up to my wrists.
According to the box, it's great for your elbows and heels too, but I don't think that
could ever really work, unless you have really small feet (and hopefully you're not
planning on sharing the unit with someone else)
3. Takes a while for the unit to heat up to melt the wax, especially if it's a new block.
It says approximately 90 minutes to heat one pound of wax, but it actually took about
4. A pound of wax can really only give you about four paraffin treatments. You can
probably fit a maximum of 1-1/2 pounds of wax in this unit, which I think is
the right amount if you are planning on having a paraffin party with a few friends :)
|Initial block of aloe vera wax|
|90 minutes after I turned on the unit,|
but the wax didn't fully melt yet.
Overall, my experience with this particular unit was positive. I love how easy the system allows me to experience a hand treatment at the comfort of my own home, but without having a price tag of $12+ for each treatment. I've already used up my first block of aloe wax, and have reordered some new wax from another company that works just as well with this unit.
If I ever get to do a video of it, I'll definitely upload it to this post.